Like most new businesses, we struggled to get the right tools in place. We used Excel to track revenue, clients and projects. When it came to proposals, a Microsoft Word template was all we had. But we have now found better, more efficient ways. Bidsketch is a proposal writing platform that cuts the time and effort it takes to write proposals. We tried it for recent marketing proposals and we have to say we are hooked.
It’s amazing how much time you could spend doing admin in a small business. Yes, admin is important. It supports the overall business and keeps you right. But it takes up valuable time that we could spend on business development, strategy and delivering high-quality client work.
At YO! Marketing, we realised that we needed better tools once we started to grow. That’s why we took a trial version of Bidsketch a few weeks ago. We used it to write one of our most important marketing proposals yet – a high-value project that we wanted to add to our growing portfolio of content marketing gigs.
Here are 10 things we love about using Bidsketch for YO! Marketing proposals:
- It is easy to start a free trial – just one click and you are all set
- You get a customised domain – ours is https://yomarketing.bidsketch.com. You can customise it further if you wish!
- There are built-in templates that cover various types of proposals such as content marketing, social media management, project management, IT consulting, mobile app development etc
- The templates are customisable so you can add and remove sections depending on your project needs
- Your marketing proposal contains sections where you can sell the value of the project and your team
- There is existing text in each section that provides inspiration for you to create your own text. For instance, the value of the project is a key section where you need to think about why your potential client should consider such a project in the first place
- Our favourite feature is probably how Bidsketch allows you to break down the client fees in our marketing proposals. We itemise each work task and define them as one-time fees, monthly fees or yearly fees. You can also add optional add-ons separately. This is hugely valuable for us as we always want to be completely transparent so that there are no hidden fees. Our proposals provide the whole picture of what our clients could get depending on their budget
- You can add your own logo to the proposal as well as an image on the cover page. Therefore, our marketing proposals have our brand and feel like us!
- Once you’re done, you can simply send the proposal to your client within Bidsketch. Within Bidsketch, you can see when the client has viewed the proposal and how long they viewed it – cool, eh?
- And finally, there are a number of actions the client can take via the Bidsketch link. The client can accept the proposal or request changes/revisions
For our proposal, we often make changes based on client requests. It was easy to do this within Bidsketch and resend the proposal to the client
We not only cut proposal writing time but we could be really clear about the project scope. We love how easy it is to present our clients with high-quality proposals that communicate our expertise and the impact that the project will have on their business.
A couple of things that we would like to see in Bidsketch:
- Incorporating our brand colours and preferred fonts
- Adding more information about the client e.g. industry, location and key contacts
Overall, we love Bidsketch! We have incorporated it into our process and we know that can upgrade as our team grows. Thank you, Bidsketch for giving us our YO time back – whew!
[pb_call_to_action component_description=”subscribe to our email list”][pb_call_to_action_first_line]Subscribe to the YO! Blog[/pb_call_to_action_first_line][pb_call_to_action_second_line]For the latest in content, strategy and marketing planning, subscribe today [/pb_call_to_action_second_line][pb_call_to_action_button src=”http://eepurl.com/c67ZaT” src_target=”_blank” text_color=”FFFFFF” bg_color=”2E3192″]Subscribe[/pb_call_to_action_button][/pb_call_to_action]